The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Moving expenses tax deduction Date:  1/4/2001  9:51 PM
Author:  TMFExRO Number:  43938 of 127745

As JABoa points out, you cannot deduct reimbursed expenses. However, you need to check your W-2 to see whether your employer reported the reimbursement as wages. (There are various ways of handling the reimbursement.) If the reimbursement is included in your income, you'll need to do the 3903 for the expenses.

You'll find details about all this in IRS Publication 521.

Phil Marti
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us