The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt


Subject:  Re: Fixing Error In Credit Report Date:  1/9/2001  2:12 PM
Author:  nomorecards Number:  53533 of 312185


Call AND write a letter to the company that gave you
the bad rating with proof of your age at that time
(your birth record or any supporting documents)
and if they persist ask them to show you anything where your signature is on file for ANY contract once that has been established then ask them to remove it from your credit history. I had this happen to me once with BENIFICAL FINANCE they pulled out the original contract
my signature was not listed so they faxed the reporting
agency's and had it removed from my CR's


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us