The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Rollover to Roth Ira Date:  1/12/2001  4:26 PM
Author:  ajrenner Number:  27157 of 88775

I have a 401k account that I want to convert to a Roth Ira. I had the check sent to sent to my new account holder and it didn't get there until after the first of the year. Can I still put this conversion on my year 2000 taxes? And if I can, can I still make contributions for 2000 and 2001 because I have not contributed to the 401k for a few years now.
I am little confused about this and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us