The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Canadian Investing / Canada - RRSP Strat / Taxation
|Subject: RRSP Results||Date: 1/29/2001 10:30 AM|
|Author: palsan||Number: 856 of 1193|
1. RRSP Investment: $5,000 invested at beginning of year at age 35 and employer adjusts source deductions (ie the full 5000 is invested up front and there is no refund the following April).
2. Non-RRSP Investment is done with after-tax dollars: $5,000*(1-marginal tax rate)
3. Retire at age 65 and withdraw all funds over a 10 year period - withdrawls indexed to inflation so that the withdrawl the second year is 3% greater than in year one.
4. Rate of return on RRSP assets: 10%
5. Capital Gains inclusion rate: 50%
6. Inflation rate: 3%
7. All gains outside RRSP are assumed to come in the form of capital gains.