The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Jimmy Buffett-Style Retirement

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/mission-statement-14220429.aspx

Subject:  MISSION STATEMENT Date:  1/29/2001  10:44 AM
Author:  GekkoII Number:  2 of 381

Hi All!

I requested this board as a way to discuss with new friends one thing we don't often talk about and should...OUR DREAMS. Cheesy as it may sound, I get into investing, and I think you do too, to realize something tangible. In my case, one of my dreams is to be comfortable enough financially to retire early and own a bar in the tropics. Probably a pretty typical dream (especially for anyone who has ever spent a winter in New England). So, how do we get there?

The first way to realize a dream in my view is to make it real by talking to others about it. Its a small step, but one that is worthwhile, first, because it makes your dream concrete (you have invested it in whoever you've told), and second, because you can get feedback from that person. This board is an easy way to do just that. Whatever the dream, this is the board to reveal it. And once revealed, we can all put our heads together and find ways to make it a reality (at least thats the plan). Further, maybe others who have made their dreams a reality will grace our board and tell us how they did it.

Anyway, that was my vision for this folder. I hope to be drinking boat drinks with you all off the coast of Key West soon.

Bouna Fortuna,

Gekko II
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us