The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  ROTH & TAX WRITEOFF Date:  1/29/2001  1:29 PM
Author:  hardyh39 Number:  45055 of 127530

Purchased stock with part of my Roth IRA account. The stock i purchased has went bankrupt. Is there any way to take a tax write off for this loss. One suggestion i was given by an invidual was to move stock to regular account and sell. Thanks or any thoughts. hwh
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us