The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Jimmy Buffett-Style Retirement

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-got-my-attention-14225097.aspx

Subject:  You Got My Attention Date:  1/29/2001  6:57 PM
Author:  ResNullius Number:  24 of 381

I'm 50, which ain't so bad. I retired last year, although I have continued to do a little part-time consulting out of my home. Oh, I also have all my hair and teeth. I'm in good shape and reasonably good health. My dear wife works 3 to 4 days a week, although I am working on her to retire completely or to cut back to not more than 2 days a week. I'm still getting used to being retired. Most of the folks I know still work full-time. My wife and I love the mountains--skiing, hiking, and the like. Our master plan calls for purchasing a place in the higher elevations, which we probably will do later this year. We will start out spending long weekends and extended stays every couple of months, with the possibility of moving there in a couple of years. In the meantime, we like to travel, both here and abroad. All in all, things are moving along quite well. We are still in the discovery period, but plan on going with the flow until everything feels just right. As fate would have it, we will be attending a Jimmy Buffett concert within the month, just to stay in the right frame of mind.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us