The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Jimmy Buffett-Style Retirement

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-in-14228251.aspx

Subject:  I'm in! Date:  1/30/2001  8:32 AM
Author:  dirkn Number:  48 of 381

Hello all,

I've spent a few months over at the Retire Early board and want to say that I welcome the opportunity to try another board. The RE page has gotten a little busy lately as well as political. There are a couple of posters in particular who like to push their own agenda and then become condescending when you disagree with them. Hey, I'm looking for a more relaxed lifestyle – I don't need that.

Anyway, my dream involves a home at the ocean, a home in the high country, and (now for the hard part) an income producing activity that I enjoy and can do from my home on a part time basis. Ever since I started working I have dreamed of retirement. Now, I know that it is really financial independence and happiness I want, not just to retire and do nothing.

So, I'm 47. I've been working towards retirement since high school, and I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up. I hope to pick up a few ideas from all of you and perhaps even contribute some too.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us