The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Jimmy Buffett-Style Retirement

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/first-it-is-possible-to-appreciate-led-zeppelin--14245711.aspx

Subject:  Re: Jimmy Wannabe Date:  2/1/2001  9:16 AM
Author:  buzman Number:  105 of 381

First it is possible to appreciate Led Zeppelin & Jimmy Buffett. Santa Claus gave the the Led Zeppelin BBC Sessions-awesome.

I can't tell you how many Buffett recordings I own. The only one I know I have never owned is Floradays. His newer stuff has more of Carribean flavor (steel drums, etc) less country influence (pedal steel guitar)than the early (70s). I always thought A1A was the best but his newer stuff has a different appeal to me.
He covers a tune "Pacing the Cage" on Beachhouse on the Moon which is an awesome ballad. He played the sonf on the Today show, I was flabbergasted. For a beginner, Songs You Know by Heart is kinda of best of Buffett. Also there is a new live CD, which has the popular songs. Included is the forgotton verse to Margaritaville. Bon Appetit!

Actually Buffett is a bit of a politico, how can I put this mildly? He was not invited to an inagural ball. Catch my drift.

buzman

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us