The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Charitable donation haunts me . Date:  2/9/2001  8:38 AM
Author:  euphoriant Number:  46022 of 127613

I had miscellanous income of $1500.00 in 2000 which i donated fully to a not for profit organization.However,I received a 1099-mis.What are my options.I really don't think i should include this as income for the year since i donated the entire amount.Pls help

You are required to report the income and the government knows you received it because they received a copy of the 1099 as well. Please report that on your return.

You can also report your contribution on your return, assuming you can itemize.

Good luck,
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us