The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Paying state tax in the wrong state, please help Date:  2/9/2001  11:09 AM
Author:  GWhedon Number:  46033 of 127753

Someone please give me advice. I changed jobs in Nov. and started working for a small company in NJ. I am teleworking in Atlanta. The company has not been registered yet in GA for state tax and they have been taking out NJ state tax. Can I get this money back from NJ to pay GA tax or have I just lost it? Do I have to file in NJ or can I just add this into my GA state tax form. Please advise. Thanks!
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us