The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/crosenfield-quotim-also-sorry-to-see-phil-14311187.aspx

Subject:  Re: "This TMF Profile is Inactive" Date:  2/9/2001  11:39 AM
Author:  JAFO31 Number:  46040 of 121100

Crosenfield: "I'm also sorry to see Phil Marti go. He's been most helpful and I've learned a lot from his post and enjoyed his wit."

HEAR, HEAR.

"Phil did his thing without pay long enough to have earned a big red star before TMF started paying him some for what he did. I'm sure he attracted lots of folks to the discussion boards and to the Motley Fool site; I'm certainly one who kept coming back to learn and sometimes to throw in my 2c. If I made a mistake, I got corrected quick!

As far as I can figure Phil's duties were monitoring boards for tax questions and writing for seminars such as the one in progress now on taxes. I'm sure there wasn't any question of competence or not getting along with anybody. Somebody figured what he was doing didn't generate revenue, and probably that is true."

Chris: I believe that your conclusion is incorrect. Phil brought alot of eyeballs here, and hits matter to advertisers. There was also real discussion here without alot of the Off-Topic poasts and flamewars on many of the other TMF boards.

"Obviously, if there are no hard feelings about the whole thing, we'd be delighted to see him come around.
Also clearly, TMF ran into the financial problems rampant among dot.com's in this environment. I checked a bunch of profiles last night looking for a pattern. It seems most of those let go were of the Alexandria VA group; tougher for them if it was fulltime employment. [relocated]

"I'm still sorry this decision was made. It would be tough to come do for free what one was formerly paid to do, so if we are looking for tax help it seems now TMF is not the place to go."

Especially if the other "regulars" move to another location. As much as I like Roy (TMFTaxes), it seems unlikely that he intends to return to being the day-to-day pro on this board and keep up with the volume --- especially between Now and APRIL 15.

"It was fun while it lasted."

That it was.

JAFO

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us