The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Paying state tax in the wrong state, please Date:  2/9/2001  4:44 PM
Author:  JFour Number:  46070 of 127616


Crosenfield replied at 46035 well. The only thing I want to add, is perhaps the tax you paid to New Jersey will be a credit against the tax you will pay to Georgia.

Here in WA we have individuals working in ID and OR. ID has a deduction against income; OR has a credit against the tax you pay to OR.

Do get the forms for both states (and instructions); work NJ first, then work GA.

Best wishes

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us