The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/jaboa-writes-in-part-dont-hold-your-breath-14366433.aspx

Subject:  Re: Credit where credit is due Date:  2/16/2001  6:29 PM
Author:  Bob78164 Number:  46613 of 121572

JABoa writes (in part):

Don't hold your breath, Bob. It took a lot of prodding to get Peter Thelander's article acknowledged, and even then Fool HQ attributed it to Roy in some blurb. There have been other examples.

I reply:

I remember that, but when I pointed out the blurb to Roy here on the boards, he acknowledged the error almost immediately. I don't understand why it took so long to correct the blurb, but eventually they did; I certainly don't lay that at Roy's feet.

On the other hand, this article has his by-line. It's possible that he acknowledged my contribution and some Fool editor excised the reference, but the bottom line is, what appears under his name is his responsibility. So I think I'm entitled to an explanation, and probably an apology.

As to your legal point, as far as I know, it's correct. In fact, it would be correct even without the legal boilerplate; you can't copyright an idea, and in the final analysis, the "Shore sale" is an idea. For me, the issue is intellectual honesty, and that's why I'm raising a fuss. --Bob
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us