The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/tmftaxes-writes-in-part-and-i-still-dont-14367669.aspx

Subject:  Re: Credit where credit is due Date:  2/16/2001  10:28 PM
Author:  Bob78164 Number:  46625 of 120798

TMFTaxes writes (in part):

And I STILL don't remember the discussion on the Roth conversion technique (something that has been common knowledge for a little while). Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying that the discussion didn't take place...I just don't remember it.

I reply:

I think you don't remember that discussion because you weren't part of it. As I recall, a poster who participated in a qualified retirement plan happened to anticipate being in the magic $95,000-$100,000 AGI range and asked for suggestions. Phil (as TMFExRO) made the obvious suggestion that he put as much as possible into a Roth. I suggested the "loophole" that you exploited in last week's article. I don't think you ever popped up on that thread. As I said in my original post, I didn't squawk about that one because it was (and is) easy for me to believe that I wasn't first. --Bob
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us