The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  NY State and 1099-G Date:  2/18/2001  1:29 PM
Author:  RediRover Number:  46697 of 127753

For 1999, my state refund was $840. I received a 1099-G indicating that I was overpaid by $471. The IRS 800# help specialist said I did not have to report this 1099-G on my taxes unless I itemize, since it was not a bill but just for my information. Is this so? Why would I receive a 1099-G in the first place?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us