The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/credit-card-balance-transfers-14405520.aspx

Subject:  Credit Card Balance Transfers Date:  2/22/2001  5:05 PM
Author:  ishvari Number:  59129 of 308225

I've been trying to work on paying down my credit card debt. I don't have terrible credit, but my fiance lost his job during the last holiday season, and that threw some of my debt obligations into a deliquent status. I had to short pay or skip some of my credit card payments in order to prevent my student loan from going into default and my truck from being repossesed. That ordeal was enough for my credit report to not only reflect a high debt to income ratio with some accounts still needing to be brought into a current status. I've got less than two weeks before I can bring all of my debt obligations out of the red. But I can only afford to pay the minimum payments after that, and the interest rates are killing me. I can't find anywhere that will transfer my credit card balances to a lowered interest rate ever since this whole thing started. Please, any advice on where I can go for a transfer balance would be appreciated. Thanks.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us