The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / tc2000

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/dreamer-your-scan-may-hold-some-real-promise-14418929.aspx

Subject:  Re: Quasi-Weinstein formula Date:  2/24/2001  4:01 PM
Author:  tm2001 Number:  15 of 80

dreamer: Your scan may hold some real promise. When I was trying to set up scans to implement the Weinstein model (see another post on this board), I actually took the model as outlined in his book and laid it out on paper. Then, I tried to fully understand each part, and then tried to express that part in terms of a formula. The major problem was creating a formula to represent the kind of declining 150d his model describes. How long, how deep, and when it starts to flatten out, how flat, etc. But I really like your idea of looking for stocks under a declining 150d MA and starting to move up toward it, within 10% or so. If we were to combine that with some short-term MA's we might start getting somewhere. As noted in my letter to the Wordens, I'm a pretty big fan of TC2000 as a trading environment in that it will allow you to do most anything you want as long as you can express it in terms of a formula. I thing you may be on to something. As with Gary's post, I hope one or both of you crack this one open and hit a home run. Best of luck.
-tradermike
Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us