The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Straightening out my IRA setup mess Date:  2/24/2001  4:10 PM
Author:  dreamseason Number:  28092 of 88544


Many thanks. I got instructions on requesting a recharacterization from Datek's email support. (I've gotten better results from their email support so far.) I have to mail in an Internal Transfer form with a note explaining my recharacterization request.

Based on my reading of the IRS materials... after I get the recharacterization do I have to report it on my 2000 tax return? Does this mean I have to submit an amended 2000 return (1040X) to explain the recharacterization along with the IRA form (8606)?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us