The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Creation vs. Evolution

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/amy-thanks-for-the-link-i-have-never-posted-to-14422653.aspx

Subject:  Re: Article - Darwin Vindicated Date:  2/25/2001  1:55 PM
Author:  LydiaVorst Number:  219 of 25027

Amy thanks for the link.

I have never posted to this board, and haven't read many of the posts. I apologize for not following the conversation. It seems to be an interesting board, with a great group of participants.

Anyway, I'd just like to comment that despite the content of Arthur Caplan's article, in an msnbc poll asking the question: "Does our genome confirm Darwin's theory" the results are currently running 58% yes and 42% no.

In other words, to paraphrase a quote I can't quite remember now, "clear facts will never confuse the issue for people who already have their minds made up."
:)

The Bible is "a book of faith to teach the relationship between God and man". Science refers to a process in which humans attempt to understand their physical world.

I don't pray when I want to turn on the kitchen light, I flip the switch. I don't have "faith" in electricity. However, I do recognize that there is proof that electricity exists and behaves in certain ways under certain conditions.

But, when God said, "Let there be light," I believe there was. I can't explain the process of that sort of light, but I believe it on faith.

Science and religion - two entirely different things, never meant to be in agreement.

That's my take FWIW,

Lydia

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us