The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Moving Expenses Date:  3/5/2001  9:59 AM
Author:  mdpettersen Number:  47687 of 127533

I moved this past year for a new job, and my employer paid my moving expenses. The money was paid directly to the moving company. I just recieved a 1099-misc form for the amount paid to the moving company. Is this amount considered taxable income? How should this be handled for tax purposes?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us