The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  2000 IRA contribution after filing taxes Date:  3/6/2001  5:11 PM
Author:  jlokeeffe Number:  28303 of 88758

I have already filed my 2000 tax returns, but now I want to open an IRA and contribute the maximum before April 15th, so I can start reaping the rewards earlier. Can I do this even though I've already filed? Do I need to make an amendment to the IRS or notify them somehow?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us