The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: 2000 IRA contribution after filing taxes Date:  3/6/2001  5:20 PM
Author:  rjm1 Number:  28304 of 88051

I have already filed my 2000 tax returns, but now I want to open an IRA and contribute
the maximum before April 15th, so I can start reaping the rewards earlier. Can I do this
even though I've already filed? Do I need to make an amendment to the IRS or notify
them somehow?

Roth IRA, you can just open it.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us