The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: How to return a refund? Date:  3/15/2001  12:57 PM
Author:  eslovick Number:  48469 of 127753


Definitely send a check with the 1040X form. I would attach a letter telling exactly what you told us. I don't think there is a form number for "I messed up". There will probably be some penalties, but wait for them to tell you what they are. They might decide that it is not as bad as you think, or there may not be a penalty if you get it in before the April 15th deadline (or not much of one). Time is of the essence.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us