The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: to incoporate or not? Date:  3/15/2001  2:19 PM
Author:  IntenseAnalyst Number:  48471 of 127753

I would recommend that you talk with an attorney about the ramifications of incorporation and which corporate form you should choose. S corp vs C corp vs LLC vs Partnership.

Part of the consideration is your legal liability and how your profits will be taxed. If you incorp, you will need to pay yourself ( and payroll taxes), and file a seperate tax return. C corps get taxed once at the corp level, then again on your personal taxes.

There are a lot of good resources on the web that can help you understand the core issues before talking to the lawyer.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us