The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Living, Coping, Improving / Fools Against Depression

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/tough-weekend-14580191.aspx

Subject:  Tough weekend Date:  3/19/2001  1:38 PM
Author:  nikirae14 Number:  48 of 14995

Hey everyone,
Had a tough weekend. Guess I must be PMS'd a little, plus have been working on some issues with my SO. He is working on healthier ways to express his emotions. Now he tends to hold things in, then blow up, which of course makes me MORE depressed. I've been sleepless and teary all weekend.

We've been talking about me quitting work after the summer, when the kids get back from their dad's house. Aaron has one more year before he starts school, and I'd dearly love to be able to have a year home with him, plus I think it would help me emotionally to not be spreading myself quite so thin all the time. So of course anticipating that makes it harder for me to concentrate on work.

We are meeting together with a therapist tonight. We've seen him a couple of times, and he seems pretty nice, I just feel right now that my SO needs to make some changes in his conflict management for things to progress in the relationship, and that will help me work on my own issues. Not sure if Dave (therapist) is the one for me to work with on my own issues. But I guess I feel like most of that I have to do on my own anyway.

Guess I'll try to focus on some more of this work. . .

Niki
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us