The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Married Living in separate states. Date:  4/5/2001  8:57 PM
Author:  gt0954a Number:  49707 of 126631

Im sorry to have only barged in to ask a question.

Wife and I live in seperate states(me GA, her NY), we are graduate students. Im trying to figure out our taxes. We are filing jointly for federal, but we need to file 2 states. My wife was a part year resident of GA then moved to NYC to do her internship. Im wondering who we deal with the AGI from our federal (combined income) for each state.

Thanks in advance.
Brian... moving to NYC soon, but not soon enough.

Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us