The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / Online Banking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/comment-about-wells-fargo-14719550.aspx

Subject:  Comment about Wells Fargo Date:  4/6/2001  6:47 PM
Author:  akleck Number:  6078 of 24252

I don't have the pleasure of calling Wells Fargo's customer support very often, and I wanted to share my experience in case this hasn't been mentioned in a while.

While you're waiting to talk to a real person, the automated system comes on and asks you to key in your account number and social security number. It sounds like you have to do this. But the call will go through fine without it. Resist the temptation to key in your account information. They don't encrypt this data. Just ignore the messages that follow, and wait for your "banker" to come on line. They will ask you for the same information, but at least it isn't trasmitted over the phone lines.

I was put on hold for a long time by my first "banker". After the phone company dropped the call, when I called back in I got someone who sounded like he he was born yesterday and just got this job today. :) I wasn't satisfied with his handling of my problem, so he offered to connect me to his supervisor. Wrong! This must be the biggest joke in Customer Service. There isn't a supervisor! They just put you on hold. It took me a minute to get a clue, and I hung up and called back in. My third "banker" actually gave me useful information.

Sigh. The problem was with my ATM card. While I was looking at it I noticed "customer since 81". Twenty years with this company. Kind of an odd feeling.....
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us