The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  tax calculator Date:  4/12/2001  3:12 PM
Author:  SabioUno Number:  50145 of 127642

Hello- I'm preparing to start a new job in the next week. With the new job I have the customary tax forms to fill out. This year (2000) I am due to be refunded about $1000. I bought a house so I know that is part of the reason for the substantial refund. For 2001 I'd like to claim enough exemptions to where I will be refunded or owe as little as possible. Is there any tax calculator that will compute this for both state (MD) and federal, based on income, interest payments, etc. I really hate giving my money to the IRS for them to spend. Thanks in advance.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us