The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  name on tax return Date:  4/14/2001  5:08 AM
Author:  newlady50 Number:  50242 of 127638

i ran one of those turbotax programs to file my taxes, however one question has me puzzled: if i got married in 2000 and neglected to change my name on my social security card this program says to file jointly i should still use my maiden name if thats on my ss card. i never heard of that before. does anyone know if that information is correct, that i should use my maiden name still? PLEASE help ! time is running out thanks to all
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us