The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-can-do-this-too-14796904.aspx

Subject:  I can do this, too! Date:  4/19/2001  12:14 AM
Author:  Susan2323 Number:  67111 of 308882

Not long ago I posted my first message. I am $30,000 in CC debt. I thought when I told you that, I would get answers saying "file BK" or "throw in the towel-it's hopeless". Not only did I not get those answers, but you were telling me I could fix this. Right. I called CCCS and made an appointment and they sent the paperwork. I didn't like what I read. I felt they would be in too much control of my life. BUT, as I filled the papers out, for the first time in a long time, I got a good look at my expenses and saw many places I can cut back. Then I came back to this message board and read and read and read. Not only are some of you in more debt than I am (or you were) which I didn't think was possible, but you are paying it off! You are such an inspiration! I can do this, too.
I will make my payments on time, I will get them to lower my finance charges and I will repair my credit rating.
I'm a little scared-make that a lot, but I feel if I keep reading this board, I can do this. Thanks for all your help!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us