The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Rollover & Convert to Roth Date:  4/26/2001  11:45 AM
Author:  cactusadam Number:  29338 of 88033

I will soon be leaving my job (state employment) to take a new job (federal employment). I need to place my state retirement (pension) fund contributions into a Rollover IRA. I'm considering converting *that* IRA into a Roth. Basically, what I need to know is how do I figure out how much tax I would have to pay on my contributions? Also, when would I have to pay that tax? I have looked at Roth conversion calculators and all, but that's more complicated than what I need to know. I won't be making any further contributions to this IRA. Any help would be appreciated.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us