The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retirement Dreams

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-want-to-be-fi-so-i-wont-be-relying-on-a-job-for-14880120.aspx

Subject:  Re: FIRE'd or even just RE'd Date:  5/1/2001  12:37 PM
Author:  imthekidd Number:  6 of 55

I want to be FI so I won't be relying on a job for my income. Most of the time, I like to work, but I want to be able to walk if I feel like it. I want the luxury of ALL my own time, to do with what I want to and what I think is important. I want to work (if I feel like it) in interesting and useful work for an organization that I believe in. I may even go back to school and take courses like philosophy, art and religion. I want to be able to volunteer in my community, meditate and pray. I want to leisurely visit and make homemade treats for my friends and neighbors. I want days when I have nothing I HAVE TO DO if I don't want to. I want to sit out on the deck and enjoy the nice weather. I don't have expensive tastes, and lead and love a simple life. I want to study Thoreau again. I am doing some of these things now, and want to do more when I am FI.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us