The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / BuyandHold.com

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/why-bh-is-still-great-for-me-14894923.aspx

Subject:  Why B&H is still great for me... Date:  5/3/2001  10:13 AM
Author:  Sparky73 Number:  2021 of 4956

I've been reading so many negative posts about B&H (I understand why several people are upset) and their new fee structure over the past few days, I felt compelled to inform people that B&H is still a perfect fit for my investing and I'm sure several other investors. I'm no cheerleader, but I still think right now, B&H is the best place for me.

I usually invest between $400-$800 per month. The new fee structure will actually have an interesting advantage for me -- diversification. I had been buying one stock purchase per month under the old system. Since I will be charged $6.99 regardless of whether I make one trade or two, I will probably split my monthly buy between two stocks rather than one. At less than $3.50 a trade, I still think B&H is the best deal for me and my current investing style. I would imagine that there are quite a few people in the same boat, but it seems that the disgruntled customers are the most vocal.

It still remains to be seen whether this new fee structure will help to make B&H profitable, but until I can find a better deal (I'm not a big fan of Sharebuilder) I'm going to stick with them.

- Sparky

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us