The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retirement Dreams

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ah-yes-the-fine-art-of-keeping-dreams-alive-14894927.aspx

Subject:  Re: Keeping dreams alive Date:  5/3/2001  10:14 AM
Author:  RainbowRider Number:  21 of 55

Ah, yes, the fine art of keeping dreams alive...

We hope to be closing shortly on a lot on the edge of the Smokey Mountains National Park. I have pasted together a panoramic of the view from the building site. On weekends we browse through floor plans for the log home we will build on the site and I plan ways to "critter-proof" the vegetable/berry garden I want to have. (Ignore the laughter from the Gardening Board.)

During the week, I am maintaining a countdown in my daily work records. Today my code is "98W22.29" which, to the initiated, means "98 weeks OR 22 months and 29 days to FIRE!!!". I have also scheduled a weekly reminder to pop up in my Outlook calendar.

Also, I (somewhat arbitrarily) picked the date on which I will submit my resignation as March 13, 2003, which is not only St. Paddy's Day but also our wedding anniversary. (And the party just keeps getting bigger.)

Regards,

Rider

P.S. I really enjoy reading about other people's dreams, too, even when they are different from mine. Variety makes the world go 'round!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us