The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retirement Dreams

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-dream-of-playing-professional-golf-when-im-14898145.aspx

Subject:  Re: Keeping dreams alive Date:  5/3/2001  4:40 PM
Author:  RE2Golf Number:  25 of 55

I dream of playing professional golf when I'm FIREd. So, it involves a lot of hard work right now, getting a round in here and there... :) Actually, I am reading a lot of golf books by Bob Rotella and focusing on setting goals and making them happen.

I have found my playing ability has steadily improved over the last year since I have decided that I am going to retire early (still 10 years off), even though I have not devoted a lot of time to practice sessions. I want to use golf as a way to see the world and to take long extended vacations with my family. I hope to compete on some of the mini tours all over the US and Canada as well as the European and Asian PGA tours and finally on to the PGA tour. I won't have to focus on money - I'll focus on getting better, gaining experience, and sharing these things with my family.

From what I have heard regarding the mindset of players, I know that once I hit the mini tours, I'll have a leg up on the competition because I will have the peace of mind knowing that I am not fighting each day (and becoming distracted by) the fact that I need to make the cut to ensure a paycheck that week.

RE2Golf

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us