The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks J / Jakks Pacific

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thank-you-brewer-and-ejyou-guys-are-always-14965031.aspx

Subject:  Re: Conference call notes Date:  5/14/2001  12:45 PM
Author:  ECOaccount Number:  358 of 558

Thank you Brewer And EJ.....You guys are always very helpful. I have chosen to buy half of my intended position today and hold off with the other half if and when the stock ever drops.

With all the hype about tech stocks , my best investment last year was an apparel retailer. I have since fallen in love with this one. Now it is fairly priced , but when I bought it it was VERY cheap.

The stock was Abercrombie & Fitch(ANF). Great company with plenty of free cash flow to fund further expansion. They are a nuche clothing marketer that sells to college age group(mainly preppy designs). They have some fo the best(If not THE best) margins in the business.

I bought at $8.50 per share and it is now nearing $38 per share.

I like to hear from fellow investors like you guys(EJ and Brewer) now more than ever. I used to be in love with tech, now I am in love with whatever stock has compelling value and reasonable expectations of steady growth.

Love the suggestions, please keep your stock ideas and current investments coming, as we seem to share the same investment criteria. By the way, I also own PPD. Another winner so far for me. Bought at 13 and now over 20. I am looking at and liking PLMD too. I bought PPD through the uncertainty because I realized the insiders were making some of the biggest purchases they have made in years.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us