The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/in-memory-of-jaboa-14990559.aspx

Subject:  In Memory of JABoa Date:  5/17/2001  9:44 PM
Author:  TMF2Aruba Number:  71415 of 308579

Dear Fools,

It's with very deep sorrow and regret that I'm posting this to let the Fool Community know we have received news of the passing of one of our truly great and admired members, JABoa.

Jim was a very prolific poster here on our boards for as long as I can remember, a Fool whom I felt I knew personally through many online conversations and emails.

Jim's sudden passing due to a heart attack will leave a very great void here in our forum, as he has touched so many here. Anyone who's frequented the Credit Card board, Living Below Your Means, Buying a Home, Land of Off-Topic posts and many others, has undoubtedly been enriched from the interactions with this fine man. His knowledge, personality, humor, and good nature was the embodiment of Foolishness.

It was always apparant that Jim much enjoyed the give and take here on our boards, and he was always a highly respected voice of reason, and his mastery of mathematics helped countless people with problems and questions on a wide variety of topics.

The news of Jim's passing has hit me hard today, as I know it will so many others here. While I never had the pleasure of meeting Jim personally, his friendship was one I highly valued, for he was truly a role model to so many.

To Jim's family, I extend to you my deepest sympathies and condolences, and may you find comfort in knowing that he has touched so many lives.

Jim, you will be missed.

Tony

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us