The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/preserving-the-principle-while-earning-income-15022757.aspx

Subject:  preserving the principle while earning income Date:  5/22/2001  9:24 PM
Author:  amelia101 Number:  6758 of 19224

I am trying to preserve my 83 yo father's assets in order to provide him enough income to last the rest of his life. He lives in a in an assisted living facility and has Alzheimer's so it's up to me. Not quite sure I am up for the task. I moved his money from a bank where it was in trust and being invested conservatively to my stock broker. This may not have proved to be a good plan as he lost quite a bit last year. Now my broker says we need a money manager. I am having trouble with that idea of paying yet another person to manage his money. I consulted another broker who suggested putting his money into bonds yet they would nto yield enough to cover his expenses. I am now at a loss as to what to do. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I could learn form your experience. Thanks. Ann
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us