The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / The Gestalt of Cooking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-all-i-have-already-added-this-board-to-my-fav-15035067.aspx

Subject:  Re: What's cookin'? Date:  5/24/2001  12:00 PM
Author:  kathcolo Number:  10 of 21259

Hi all. I have already added this board to my fav list. I am always looking for new ideas and recipes so I hope this board will help me!

What kind of cookware do you use?
Just pots and pans I have had for years. No brand names used. Love my crockpot.

What's your favorite spice? Your least favorite? Why?
I have been using different Mrs. Dash's lately. Great on everything from grilled burgers to breading for fish or chicken.
Least fav has to be salt. In my opinion salt is a seasoning not a spice.

What are your favorite type of things to cook?
I seem to be cooking alot of chicken breasts in alot of different ways. Monday I pouned a few thin, put a few thin slices of pepperjack cheese sprinkled with cayenne(sp) breaded and put into a 400 degree oven. After baking for approx 35 mins. I mixed a can of cream of cheddar soup with half a can of hot picante sauce and poured over the breasts. Cooked for 15 mins more. Even picky younest son (PC) loved them.

How do you handle leftovers?
I take them for lunch. Or pawn them off on SO for his lunch.

What do you see as the biggest challenge in your cooking?
Finding the time to cook. I don't get home from work until after 6:30 so unless I think ahead in the morning of what I want for dinner we wind up quick and easy stuff.

Do you cook or bake, or both?
I only cook. My father lives with us, he is the baker. What he can do to cheesecakes would make you swoon!

Do you use recipes? Only as guides? Need absolute measurements (you probably won't like this board so well)? Just make it up as you go along?

I tend to look at a recipe for a guideline but add, subtract or substitute as I go along.

Again, congrats on starting what looks to be another fun board!

Kath
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us