The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/min-pay-extra-15039653.aspx

Subject:  Min pay + extra=?? Date:  5/24/2001  7:43 PM
Author:  INSwoman Number:  72460 of 308881

Hi fellow fools, Lurker here with a question. If it has been asked and answered please point me in the right direction. Ok!

We (DH & I) have no E Fund, I know, I know but that will change VERY soon! Anyway, we had to come up with $500 for a true emergency. We are tried of asking the family to help so we (this is difficult to say) but we took out the $500 on a CC!!!

Now that your back from hitting the floor my question: I will have the $$ once the bill comes in to pay the min which is about $100 plus the $500 (by scarificing the snowball amount!). Now since the CC's look at purchases & cash differently with VERY different rates, Can I instruct "them" to put the min where ever it is they put it and use the $500 I pay towards the cash balance?

I've had the past experience of seeing the cash balances never going down, of course that's where they make more $$.

Any advice will help!

P.S. My lurking has helped more than you'll ever know. I'll try to post more often!!

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us