The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/help-11k-in-ccdebt-15040366.aspx

Subject:  HELP-$11k in CCDEBT Date:  5/24/2001  9:51 PM
Author:  ncleblanc Number:  72481 of 308695

This is my first time on the site and I love it!!

I need help---my husband and I have accumulated $11k in credit card debt on top of about $8k in student loans I am paying $250.00/month on and will be until June 2004. We recently had a beautiful baby girl and I am only working part-time to cut out any daycare costs. We own a home and just refinanced at 7.125% for 30 years. We also are at the end of a lease on our vehicle and need to buy a new vehicle and need 4wd because of the location of our house. I feel totally overwhelmed - we are able to meet all of our monthly bills, but I'm starting to feel like the cc debt will never be gone. Should we take out a personal loan or consolidate all of our debt. We both contribute to 401(k) and/or deferred comp. plans - should we stop those contributions - I am 27 and my husband is 30??

We really want to start a College Fund for our Daughter who is 7 months old - but realistically we know we need to get out of debt first!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us