The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / The Gestalt of Cooking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/what-kind-of-cookware-do-you-use-do-you-have-any-15045372.aspx

Subject:  Re: What's cookin'? Date:  5/25/2001  2:47 PM
Author:  tori26 Number:  57 of 21259

What kind of cookware do you use? Do you have any hints, techniques, or suggestions for using it effectively?

~ nonstick or enamelware. I just love enamelware pans, dishes, we have lots of it in the house.

What's your favorite spice? Your least favorite? Why?

~ My favorite spice...... hmmmmmmmmm that's a tough one, I really like most of them.
~ My least favorite spice..... would have to be rosemary (like the flavor, just not the pine needle shape and feel of it in my mouth. The other flavor is the seed in rye bread, don't care for rye bread at all.

What are your favorite type of things to cook?

~ marinated steak tips...... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Do you specialize in any ethnic cuisines?
~ No I don't specialize in anything. I just love to try different types of foods. We might have a mixture of texmex and chinese or french or all-american for dinner.

What appeals to you about them?
~ I enjoy trying new flavors, new colors together, exploring new regions of the food world.

How do you handle leftovers? Serve them again as-is? Disguise them so your S.O. won't recognize them?

~ Leftovers are usually my lunch the next day or we reheat it like the taco bake or I add other stuff to it, thus creating a new dish.

What do you see as the biggest challenge in your cooking?

~ Cooking for two. Although I was raised in a family of four. Both parents came from families of 10 and 12 so of course when they cooked we had enough to feed an army. Besides growing up we never knew how many friends or family were going to show up for a meal, so you always had extra.

Do you cook or bake, or both?

~ I do both. I enjoy making fiber muffins for my lunches, scones are lots of fun to make and eat. Of course there is always making crepes, soups (today was Broccoli Soup) or grilling something.

Do you use recipes? Only as guides? Need absolute measurements (you probably won't like this board so well)?
Just make it up as you go along?

~ I do an assortment of things. I find cool recipes to try. If I don't have all of the ingredients, then I start making it up as I go along. Quite often I substitute things like applesauce for butter or splenda for sugar.

Sometimes I look for a recipe, don't find what I want, so I start tossing stuff together and suddenly I have a Linda Special.....

Linda
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us