The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / Online Banking

Subject:  Dear (Mark) Date:  5/26/2001  1:08 PM
Author:  SusanV1 Number:  7306 of 24279

Dear Mark,

I understand the need to change policies and programs at PCBanker to remain profitable and a viable ongoing business concern.

In light of the Fed rate cuts, the necessity for American Bank to remain profitable and to answer to shareholders, you have announced upcoming policy changes.

Borrowing (cutting and pasting) liberally from other posts here and at Gomez, I would like to convince you to look at some different ways of achieving the same goal.

1. We all love the current
Many of us have brought in other people by word of mouth. PCBanker has achieved what few businesses do. You have a cult following. PCBanker dominates the OLB board here and at Gomez OLB boards. Like, USAA (insurance), Costco and Starbucks (in the early years), and other companies, you have created a corps of people who love the business institution and actively market for you by word of mouth.

Don't jeopardize the loyalty of your corps followers. Many are already feeling disenfranchised from your announcement. One of the biggest PCBanker fans on the Gomez board posted, “I feel "slapped in the face" I made PCbanker my "home" and now I don't feel welcome anymore!!! I keep over $1000 in my account; the increase in minimum balance doesn't directly affect me. But the five other customers I've convinced to sign on with American Bank?

I doubt that they have 1000 spare dollars lying around in their checking accounts. Now I feel awful, having held their hands to sign on this "amaz