The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / The Gestalt of Cooking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/what-kind-of-cookware-do-you-use-do-you-have-any-15058585.aspx

Subject:  Re: What's cookin'? Date:  5/28/2001  2:02 PM
Author:  zsimpson Number:  93 of 21259

What kind of cookware do you use? Do you have any hints, techniques, or suggestions for using it effectively?

In our house, we have the large, economy size of all pots and pans (I am the only person I know with an "industrial" stock pot), and I also have specialty pans (a lot of Wilton mold pans). Most of the pots and pans are 18/10 stainless.

What's your favorite spice? Your least favorite? Why?

Favorite spice would definitely be tarragon because it goes on almost anything, but doesn't overpower any of them. I don't think I have a least favorite.

What are your favorite type of things to cook?

Food. I enjoy cooking and baking (and unfortunately, eating), so I really don't have a favorite.

Do you specialize in any ethnic cuisines? What appeals to you about them?

Only if you count BBQ as ethnic!! I don't really specialize in anything, although I'll cook anything.

How do you handle leftovers? Serve them again as-is? Disguise them so your S.O. won't recognize them?

Leftovers rarely last long in our house. One of our favorite meals is "leftover night". Get a little bit of everything.

What do you see as the biggest challenge in your cooking?

My kids love to "help" with the cooking. As they are 2 & 4, this can be interesting. The 4yo does know how to make mac & cheese from a box though, and she is getting the hang of making bread in a machine. I figure by about ten or so, we will all be fighting to do the cooking.

Do you cook or bake, or both?

Both.

Do you use recipes? Only as guides? Need absolute measurements (you probably won't like this board so well)? Just make it up as you go along?

Sometimes. Sometimes. Sometimes. Sometimes.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us