The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-believe-some-of-the-reparations-paid-to-15109853.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Reparations Date:  6/5/2001  11:27 AM
Author:  markr33 Number:  40977 of 741791

I believe some of the reparations paid to Holocaust victims covered the value of their work in the German "slave-labor" camps. If there are people out there who think this compensation is unjust, they are keeping remarkably quiet about it.

If reimbursing slave labor for the victims of the Jewish Holocaust is the right thing to do, why is it wrong for the slave labor of Africans?

It is absolutely right. My Grandparents and siblings were victims of the Holocaust (most were gassed and incinerated by the Nazis, but a few lucky family members survived) and received reparations from Germany and Austria (pensions).

My parents and their cousins, the children of the non-survivors are not eligible for any reparations, nor am I eligible being a grandchild.

I agree that all surviving slaves should receive reparations from the USA, their children and grandchildren on the other hand should certainly not be eligible for such payments.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us