The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/that-means-that-we-want-the-southern-states-to-15118668.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Reparations Date:  6/6/2001  12:45 PM
Author:  reader99 Number:  41122 of 734484

That means, that we want the southern states to compensate all the survivors of the north, the families who lost men during the war, and their progeny.

Hey, cool! I had ancestors in the North during the Civil War, and currently live in the South. So this means Florida will tax me to pay me so I can just cut the loop by opting out....

Reader99
Citizen of the World, hey everybody owes me! Irish ancestry - I can collect for the land enclosures and the famine too! No doubt there's a beautiful plot of land in the Emerald Isle that once was an ancestor of mine's so I get to have it now right (never mind all his other descendants...). Female -- look at all the centuries women couldn't own property and their husbands or fathers got all their stuff, man, you Male types owe me big! This could really work out for me if we are really careful to only look at my point of view.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us