The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  FORM 90-22.1 Report of Foreign Accounts Date:  6/13/2001  2:27 PM
Author:  vlnielsen Number:  51799 of 123001

After living in Europe since 1983, I relocated to the US in 2000 (I am a US citizen). While working with tax consultant to file my taxes for 2000, I found out that I should have been filing Treasury form 90-22.1 "Reporting of Foreign Bank and Financial Assets" since about 1995 as I have foreign bank accounts exceeding $10,000. Up until now, I had no idea I was supposed to file this form. I have faithfully be