The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/know-a-good-cpa-familiar-with-soft-contracting-15192339.aspx

Subject:  Know a good CPA familiar with Soft. Contracting? Date:  6/17/2001  10:08 PM
Author:  AeroFool Number:  51879 of 121258

Hi there,

I just incorporated. I basically am a contractor doing software consulting presently out of state from the state I am incorporated in. I have been doing a lot of research on what items I can expense from the corp. to myself - the sole employee in my s-corp. I haven't found a good CPA who is familiar with issues like per diem etc. I've done a bunch of research on this and other items and it seems there are some definite gray areas as far as how much you can claim and which method is applicable to my situation. Anyways, I'm looking for a good CPA who is familiar with these issues or preferably someone who is a CPA and tax attorney seems best in case I ever get audited. I have located one here in Michigan where I am presently who is both a CPA and tax attorney, although he doesn't seem all that familiar with these issues. I am incorporated in Arizona but don't really care where the CPA is based as long as he is proficient in this area. Any recommendations?

Thanks for any help,
Aerofool
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us