The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Mastering Quicken

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/kennyo-had-some-very-good-things-to-say-about-15226381.aspx

Subject:  Re: Don't forget to backup your files Date:  6/21/2001  7:15 PM
Author:  Kurtv Number:  1576 of 10968

KennyO had some very good things to say about backing up your data. I alternate my back ups between two sets of floppy disks every week or two. I also every month or two back up to a CD-R all my personal data. This is a very good way to save and transport your files to another computer should the need arrise.
Most recently I installed an ethernet network linking our two computers.
Now I can also just drag and drop each others files to the others hard drive for easy and quick back up. However I wouldn't dream of trusting just this without the CD and floppies.
As for keeping a set of disks at another location, I hadn't thought of that. Sounds reasonable to me.
As for the Norton Disk Doctor, I had a miserable experience with Norton System Works. Numerous crashes and screen freezes. I finally removed the whole program and reinstalled just the anti-virus software which I like very much.

Kurt

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us